Guest Post- Author DM Sears

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 12:01 AM
0


Hello everyone! My name is D.M. Sears, and I am happy to bring you an interview with Eden Knightly from Eden’s Mark. I am sitting in a coffee shop waiting her arrival. Oh, here she comes! Her clothes are so vintage chic! I love it, the holster pants and Kiss tee, epic! The infamous Chuck Taylors, nice!

Eden- Sorry I am late, let me order a tea and we can begin.

Sears- No problem!

(Eden rushes to the counter in a flurry of snow and orders her black tea latte.)
Eden- Okay, I am ready.
(she sips her tea)

Sears- Good morning Eden. Thank you for coming down here to talk with me, I know you have a lot going on right now.

Eden- Well, you know saving the world and all…doesn’t leave much time for a mani pedis, that’s for sure.

Sears- Speaking of saving the world, what a thing to lay on a girl! How are you handling that revelation?

Eden- (scratches her head and flips her hair) I guess, like anybody else would, one day at a time. Sometimes I get a huge sense of being overwhelmed, as if I am too small for such a big destiny.

Sears- That is a HUGE destiny. I would probably roll into a ball and rock myself back to sanity!

Eden- that thought crossed my mind once or twice.

Sears- I must say Eden, you look wonderful pregnant. How do you juggle being a married woman, pregnancy, and following your quest?

Eden-Thank you! Let me say first off, pregnancy is a job all its own! I mean, mine has been great and all, but wow, this little monster grows so much and makes me eat all the time! Married life is nothing like it is in the human world, where we live, we have no time for the honeymoon phase. We spend our time killing shadows and chasing Wielders. I will say that Gregor is probably the best husband ever. He puts up with a lot of mood swings and cravings, not to mention the heart attacks he suffers from my fighting.

Sears-  He seems like the perfect husband fantasy, got any tips on us normal women snagging a man like him?

Eden- (giggling) I don’t know really. Follow your heart for sure, never let yourself think you are not good enough to find someone, because you are.

Sears- What does Valora and Lexington think about all of this?

Eden- Aunt Val knows why I am searching for my mom and dad, she also understands the reason I married Gregor. We were in love, our souls just connected; we couldn’t deny those feelings even if we wanted too. Lex, well, he is still nervous, but knows we can overcome the dark magic. They are a great support team.

Sears- What about Maiya and Koren, they kind of got thrown into this quest.

Eden- That’s no lie. I am so thankful I have them with us. Maiya has the greatest ability, she can sooth with her words, literally. I can’t tell you how many nights I have needed that after watching my group get injured! Koren, he is the happy in our crazy life, nothing gets him down. Their loyalty to the bond of friendship is amazing to me.

Sears- How are you coping with Circenn, she is your grandmother and all.

Eden- Unfortunately, the consort to the evil happens to be my grandmother. That is not something you get over quickly! I have been told she used to be good, once upon a time; she was actually a wonderful person. All I can say is I hope we can maybe help her see that goodness is still inside her.

Sears- Well Eden, I know you have a lot to get back too, any last words for us? Perhaps a sneak peek into Eden’s Darkness?

Eden- I do, Ellethny won’t save itself, and Gregor gets annoyed if I am gone too long, you know Chosen One and all. I will tell you that if you thought the journey was going to be rough, you have no idea. Things get twisted and even more complex in Eden’s Darkness.

Sears- Thank you Eden for talking to us for a little bit. Tell your family and friends we say good luck!

Eden- Will do, bye guys!

There you have it, Eden… wife, soon to be mother, and Chosen One. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

Blurb:

Book One in the Ellethny Series
Eden Arik was a typical teenager who lived the typical teenage life...until the pale eyes showed up in her dreams. The birthmark, Eden had always ignored, burned at the new nightmares, raising questions about her past. Eden finds out she is part witch and fairy that is destined to save a world she never knew existed that inhabits people far more than human. Her only solitude is the woods behind her house where she meets a mysterious stranger with steel eyes. With the help of her guardians, two unlikely shape shifters, and a vampire who can bring her to her knees with one glance, Eden goes on to search the secrets of her past, present, and future. Along her way to discovery, Eden comes across Circenn; her grandmother, consort to the Darkness and the evil magic he possess. Circenn will stop at nothing to bring Eden to the darkness so she can harness her granddaughter's limitless power. Seduction, power, and death pave the way towards Eden's destiny and the fate of Ellethny.
Bio:
I am a simple person who loves simple things. My daughter and I live in a small town and spend our days having fun and laughing. When I am alone, I try to write all the things the voices in my head tell me!
Professionally, I have a degree in Early Childhood and Direct a center for a church. I bake cupcakes on the side, for fun, as if I don't already have enough to do! I watch a lot of movies, read tons of books, and listen music all the time!
My life is blessed beyond measure! 
Links:
Twitter: @DMSears1

Loren Mathis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2013-2014 Loren Mathis Books
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0