Author Interview - Teena Stewart

Posted on Friday, May 30, 2014 12:00 AM
0


Hello Everyone!

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Teena Stewart, co-author of Brave New Century and Mothers & Daughters: Mending a Strained Relationship

Hi Teena, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?

I am an author / artist with three grown children. I’ve lived all over the U. S., was born in NC and grew up in Viriginia. About 5 years ago my husband and I moved back to NC and I’ve enjoyed reconnecting with my southern roots.

What were you like at school?

Painfully shy, horse crazy, creative and very artistic.

Were you good at English?

I was strong in creative writing. Always seemed to catch the teacher’s eye but wasn’t as strong in grammar—too right brained.

What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I think these days I feel more drawn to write for women, whether it is fiction or non-fiction, and in the fiction realm more drawn to women’s fiction.


So, what have you written?

Tons of articles, inclusion in a bunch of short story inspirational book compilations, quite a few books that are ministry related, and then the two mentioned above. I have a romantic suspense that is being shopped to publishers right now. Brave New Century if my first fiction book and it’s co-written with three author authors. Mothers and Daughters came from my own painful experience with my mom.



Or go to my website www.teenastewart.com to see the complete list.



What inspired you to write your first book?

I think probably the need to inspire, encourage and help other people, to share what I’ve learned to maybe help someone else.

What was the hardest part about writing your book?

The rejection by editors. Writing for publication can be very painful because you will be rejected. I had to learn to overcome that and keep going.

Do you have a specific writing style?

I think everyone does. It’s casual and down to earth.

How did you come up with the title?

I always come up with titles that editors change.  Actually, with Brave New Century, Lisa Lickel, one of my co-authors came up with that title because all of our romance stories were to be set at the turn of the century.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

In my story in the novel I deal with the San Francisco earthquake and fire and the heroine in the story experiences loss along with thousands of others. I guess I hoped to encourage people who have gone through difficult circumstances to stay optimistic and hold on to hope.


Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

My story in Brave New Century is called Flames of Hope. The male romantic lead, Gideon Light, comes to Lily’s rescue and helps her and her family to safety. He sort of rises to the challenge.

What are you working on at the minute?  The  most recent book I am shopping to editors is a non-fiction book called Tough Question About God, Faith and Spirituality

What’s it about? Tough questions Christians and the spirituality seeking may harbor in their hearts but are afraid to express.

What genre are your books?  Ministry, Christian Living, and Christian Romance

How much research do you do? Whatever is necessary to write an informed and accurate story, whether it is fiction or non-fiction.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers? Just the one.

Why do you write?  It’s like my art, like breathing. I can’t turn it off. It’s an intricate part of me. It’s often easier to put what I am feeling on paper than to express it verbally.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

Usually for a couple of hours after I eat breakfast.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?

Do you ever get writer’s block?

I get burned out from sitting at the computer. Backing off and taking a break is usually the solution for me. Sometimes it is a relief to write with a number two pencil on paper to formulate ideas. It’s almost like sighing for me. I highly recommend it.
  
How can readers discover more about you and you work?

Website: http://www.teenastewart.com
Blog: http://nearly-brilliant.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Teena-M-Stewart/216334111720519
Twitter: TeenaStewart1
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/teena_stewart/
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/teenastewart
Smashwords:
Book Purchase Links: For the two aforementioned books
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1161631.Teena_Stewart


Author Bio:  Teena Stewart is a published author, an accomplished artist, and a ministry leader. Her most recent book publications include Mothers and Daughters: Mending a Strained Relationship (Beacon Hill) and Brave New Century (Prism). For more info on Teena, visit her website at www.teenastewart.com or her blog                              http://nearly-brilliant.blogspot.com/




Loren Mathis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2013-2014 Loren Mathis Books
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0